Going bald young?
My hair started to fall out when I was 17. For the next 3 years it got slowly worse, I wore a hat all of the time to hide it, but my friends still teased me about it. I was always shy when I was getting undressed with a girl, because I had to take my hat off. In hindsight, when they’re already getting in bed with me, they aren’t going to care. Nonetheless, I felt embarrassed about it.
When I was 20, I shaved it for the first time, and I’ve never looked back since.
Check out the video to discover the 3 options you have available if you’re losing your hair young, and how to look great if you choose to shave your head like I did.
What to do if you’re going bald young
The way I see it, you have 3 options available to you if you are going bald young. 2 are perfectly legitimate and a matter of personal choice. The third is one that I cannot recommend to you, and is important you do not get trapped into.
Option 1 – Treat it
There are treatments available to slow or reverse hair loss, you could get a hair transplant and explore the other medical solutions. I have never gone down this route so I do not know much about it. Check out http://www.hairlossfromsteroids.com/ to do more research on that side of things.
If this is the option you want to explore, go ahead and do your research. Unless you’re getting a full (expensive) hair transplant, as far as I know, you will still have to face up to losing your hair at some point in the future, so you might want to pay attention to option 2 as well.
Option 2 – Embrace it
This is what I did, and what I would recommend most people do. I was in the position that I had shitty hair I had never liked anyway, so it wasn’t a big deal for me.
That’s not to say it wasn’t scary; I thought about shaving it for a few months before I did. I had many of the common fears like:
- What if I have a funny shaped head?
- What if I look stupid?
- What will people think?
- Will girls like it?
In the end, shaving my head was the best thing I ever did. It’s been 8 years now and I’m better looking and happier than ever before. I’ll give you my top 5 tips to look great with a shaved head in a moment. First I need to cover the third, and most dangerous option for you.
In this video I talk about how to feel confident if you’re losing your hair young…
Option 3 – Be a victim about it
Yeh, it sucks to lose your hair young. I know that better than most. It is what it is and being upset about it will not serve you in any way.
Everyone has problems, the guys with a full head of hair will have some other problem that you don’t have. Don’t worry about it, just choose one of the two options above and go for it.
You can live a great life, be good looking, get lots of girls and all that; without your hair. As long as you don’t dwell on it, becoming shy and anti-social. Getting depressed about losing your hair will fuck your life up. Dealing with it or embracing it will empower you to get on with living your life.
5 tips to look better with a shaved head
- Have facial hair. Facial hair adds contrast to your shaved head and stops you looking like an egg.
- Be tanned. The darker your skin complexion, the better you tend to look with a shaved head. If you’re very tanned or black you can probably pull off a shaved head without having facial hair.I’m naturally very pasty and look stupid without facial hair…
- Be Muscular. Who looks good with a shaved head? Jason Statham does. Why? Because he’s built. Girls love the masculine look of a shaved head and big muscles.
- Be lean. The leaner you are, the stronger your jawline will be. The stronger your jawline is, the better you will look with a shaved head (or with hair for that matter). Muscular, lean and shaved head is a great masculine look.
- Own it. The final tip is to just own it. Wear it with pride. I can tell you from experience that women love it, and nobody will even ask you about it after about 2 weeks. Certainly anyone new you meet will not have any prior image of you with hair, so that will be completely normal to them.
As you can see, I look infinitely better in my late twenties than I did when I was 20. that’s because I have good, well groomed facial hair, a tan, a lot more muscle, less body fat and I’m confident in my look.
I know it’s frustrating and scary to lose your hair young, but it doesn’t have to have a negative impact on your social or dating life. Embrace it, own it and do you. Life is short and being unhappy about your hair is not a good way to live it, in my opinion.
Leave a comment if you have any specific questions, I’m happy to help. If you’ve only read, watch the video for a more in-depth explanation.
Do girls like bald guys (especially young guys)?
Hint: Yes, girls still like guys who are going bald! Find out more in the video below.